Canon is launching the new EOS 100D in the beginner SLR section. The 100D is a 18MP SLR which is with the DIGIC 5 Image processor up to standard.
Canon EOS 100D / Rebel SL1 key specifications
- Small form factor DSLR weighing 400g/14oz.
- 18MP APS-C sensor with 14-bit DIGIC 5 processor
- ‘Hybrid CMOS AF II’ system with 80% frame coverage
- Continuous autofocus in movie mode with subject tracking
- ISO 100-12800 (expandable to ISO 25600)
- 4 fps continuous shooting
- 1080p30 video recording, monaural microphone (stereo input jack)
- 3-inch fixed capacitive touch-screen (same as EOS M)
- 9 point AF (central sensor is cross-type)
- ‘Creative Filters’ image-processing controls, previewed live on-screen
selling on Amazon for 619$ is a quite reasonable price.